Today seemed to fly by.

I feel like I accomplished less today than I have in days past, when in fact I'm sure that I've actually gotten much more done than usual.

I woke up at 7:30 and was out the door by 7:45 for class. I'm glad that tomorrow I get to sleep in. I don't have class until 10:00 AM tomorrow.

Classes seemed to go faster than normal today. It seems like I learned less though. I don't particularly remember what we talked about today, but I have notes, so I'll learn the material one way or another.

After classes I headed home, grabbing lunch on the way. I spent the afternoon emailing people that I have been meaning to and needing to email, but haven't had time to email because I've been out traveling.

When that was all over I headed over to the local DVD store to pick up some movies that I found on the internet which are supposed to be good. I've found a gold vein in Chinese cinema, a rare few directors that actually make good movies in Chinese. Watching movies has always been a good way for me to learn.

I headed over to Dr. Honey's for FHE. It went just like any regular FHE. I held his kids while his wife taught the lesson, he prepared the dessert, and all the students didn't pay any attention. Just like Provo.

To end the night I got some real life practice using my Chinese (not like I don't get enough of that living here or anything). I spent most of the night updating my English resume and translating it over into both Mainland Simplified Chinese and Taiwan Traditional Chinese. I was surprised at how much faster the process went now that I understand a lot more about the language. Of course I'm going to take them to my teacher tomorrow for correction, at which point I'm sure she'll stare blankly at me and tell me she has no idea what it is I'm trying to say, but for now I feel very accomplished.

Now, not to disappoint anyone, I've got the link to the video from the TV game show I was on last night:
http://www.showdv.com.cn/play_j.asp?vid=60953
http://www.showdv.com.cn/play_j.asp?vid=60954
http://www.showdv.com.cn/play_j.asp?vid=60955
http://www.showdv.com.cn/play_j.asp?vid=60956
Look for me in the third row (from the bottom) about 1/4 of the way over from the right. I'm the last one with blue pom-poms. I'm also one of maybe 3 white guys in the crowd, so while I haven't watched the whole thing, if there are closeups one might be of me, I don't know.

As a special bonus I offer this link:
http://net.lib.byu.edu/tutorial/art/

Enjoy!

Comments (0)