I've returned.

And Nanjing feels like home.

Yesterday I wasn't able to post anything because I was on a train, but allow me to fill you in.

The first thing we did in the morning was go the the Terra Cotta Warrior site. It felt a lot more like traditional American historical sites- fairly interesting, not particularly exciting, but something that you have to go and see in person at least to say you've done it. After, another 'just to say you've been there experience' was going to the tomb of the first emperor of a unified China, Qin Shi Huang Di.

It seems like not much happened on Friday, I guess that is probably true. We went to lunch (at a restaurant inside of a pyramid with the sphinx in front of it), and went to the train station.

Got on the train, and about 24 hours later got off, at home, in Nanjing.

After resting up a bit my roommate and I rode our bikes down to the Confucian Temple, aka: the street where all the street vendors sell fake goods. I bought some Dulce and Gabbana jeans. American price: $420 USD. Chinese price: $11 USD. I win.

That's just about it for the day. Time for me to clock in for the night.

Comments (0)