No post last night. In fact I don't really remember when the last post was. It wasn't a very exciting last few days. Just more school and homework crammed into the past few days and preparing for another vacation. This must be what Jessica's life feels like.

I've got to write this fast, I've still got to pack for the next 8 days, and I have to leave at 2:30 for the train station. I won't get to Guilin until tomorrow night around 5 PM, so I'm looking at another 24+ hour train.

But I'm really excited to go to Guilin, and the nearby city Yangshuo. It has been ranked as the number one (or number two sometimes) photography destination in Asia. I'll have to keep you updated on everything that I'm up to, and I'll try to post some pictures soon, it's been hard to find time to get everything all squared away, and deciding which of the 1200+ pictures I took on my last trip is quite the daunting task.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly though during the next 29ish hours. I love to travel to new places, but I hate actually traveling to get there. When I travel to and from destinations I've never been to before I feel like Jeff, always worrying about what could go wrong.

But I really do need to leave. I'll update again when I get to Guilin.

Comments (1)

On September 30, 2009 at 7:58 AM , Jessica said...

Thanks Carl. Unfortunately I think most of my vacation days are over.