Unfortunately I don't have time for a long post. Tomorrows post will contain a special surprise though (a link to a video!).

Today was a normal Sunday. Church in the morning. I got a calling as a FHE coordinator. That means I have to figure out how to hold FHE in a ward where the young adults like anywhere within a 3 hour radius (by train), and no one really has the money to travel. I'm sure it will all work out for the best in the end though.

During the afternoon I watched a very good movie - Finding Shangri-la. I would definitely recommend it if you can find one with English subtitles anywhere.

The best part of my day though had to be tonight. My roommate got a random call from a friend, "How would you guys like to be on TV?" Well you only live once right, so of course we accepted.

He had made his way onto a game show here that was being broadcast on the national TV channel here. He needed to have friends to help him with the various challenges to win money.

We went, they explained all the games to us and planted us in the audience. I'm going to post a video tomorrow of the show so that you all can see my 15 minutes of fame here in China.

Unfortunately my friend never made it out to compete, so my roommate and I never got called down to do any of the games, but we were still sitting in the middle of a small stage audience and I'm sure that we made it on the show multiple times.

That's just about it for the day. Apparently I'm becoming some sort of super star here in Asia.

Comments (0)